Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's Resolution

I've never been one of those people who make New Year's Resolutions, but this year is a bit different.

Besides from making an effort to stay on top of daily cleaning so that my lovely apartment stays lovely, I need to continually look for the drive to keep on top of my business. I continually stay so shy and reserved with myself and my designs, but I've had some really wonderful success locally in the past several months and the hubby is always telling me what a wonderful designer I am. Perhaps if I really stick with it, hours each and every day, and don't doubt myself I can really go places.

And, on a sillier note, I'd like to get better at remembering to take photos of all my cute baking adventures and the like. Especially now that I got a beautiful Kitchenaid Artisan stand mixer for Christmas! I have baked a lot of things in the past few months that I wish I had gotten pictures of--like that delicious vanilla bean cheesecake with a shortbread crust.

Here's a chocolate pecan pie I made for Thanksgiving that I have neglected to share.

It didn't turn out exactly as I had hoped. I planned to do the entire crust with little leaf cutouts; however, I didn't begin making the pie until almost 1am and I wasn't quite in the mood to cut out a million little leaves by hand. I think the three leaf accents were pretty darling on their own. I would have done some cute crimping around the crust instead, but I had already cut off all the excess to make a base for the leaves and there wasn't much crust left to work with.

I had also made two delicious cinnamon streusel apple pies (the only apple pie recipe I'll use anymore), which I neglected to photograph. I'll be sure to share more baking photos and recipes in the future.

What are your New Year's Resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons