Monday, May 4, 2009

Whimsy and Romance

I'm back to share with you another new design to debut at Mayfest this weekend. I call them Whimsy and Romance earrings as I think they perfectly evoke both! These are another play on the combination of 14k gold-fill, white freshwater pearls and rubies which I have come to love. I think the pairing is so pretty, feminine and classic.

Click images to enlarge.

The earrings feature vintage brass rosettes with freshwater pearl centers, new brass leaves, hand formed freshwater pearl hoops, ruby briolettes, and 14k gold-filled findings.

The brass rosettes and leaves create the perfect amount of vintage charm and whimsy while the pearls, rubies, and gold create an elegant and romantic look. I love the structure of the top portion of the design mixed with the movement of the ruby weighted chain. These have some great drama and presence.

These are currently one of a kind and I am debating on whether or not I will create another identical pair. I certainly plan to create similar pairs, perhaps with different colored freshwater pearls or other gemstones. For now these are the only of their kind and they will be available at Mayfest. In the event that they don't find a home this weekend, I will likely be listing them in my Etsy shop.

2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous!
    The brass rosettes are so pretty, and with the pearls too!
    I'd be suprised if they didn't get snatched up at Mayfest!

    By the way, Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons