Monday, November 9, 2009

Better Late Than Never

I've been meaning to post these for over a week now. I baked and decorated these spiderweb cookies for Halloween. This was my very first attempt at decorating cookies with royal icing and, while they didn't turn out perfect, I am quite happy with the result. Decorating with royal icing takes patience and a steady hand, neither of which do I have often. This was great practice though! I always dream of becoming a fantastic cookie decorator like Bridget of Bake at 350 whose post inspired these cookies.

I am looking forward to working with royal icing again around Christmas as I plan to bake, build and decorate my very first gingerbread house. I am incredibly excited about the holidays. Each and every day I have to fight the urge to take out my humble little 4' tree. I have a small but adorable collection of Anthropologie ornaments and a few sweet ornaments I received last year for my first married Christmas. I can't wait to decorate for the holidays.


A big thanks to my friend Keith, a great photographer, who supplied these wonderful photos for me to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons