Saturday, November 14, 2009

Caramel Apples

I made caramel apples a few days ago. I couldn't remember the last time I actually ate a caramel apple and I had never made any before. I used this recipe for Fleur de Sel Caramels from the wonderful Ina Garten which I made a couple of months back and adored! I bought cream and apples and had been meaning to make these for several weeks. However, the apples got eaten and the cream turned into Philadelphia Style Vanilla Ice Cream, so the caramel apples got put off for another time.

Thursday night, while I was waiting for Project Runway to begin, these beauties were born! I ended up getting seven caramel apples out of the recipe and had a bit of leftover caramel which I added a couple of tablespoons of extra heavy cream to (in hopes of turning it into more of a sauce) and stuck in the fridge for later.

I left four of the caramel apples plain and then melted and drizzled semisweet chocolate over the remaining three. I really liked the sweet, salty caramel paired with the chocolate. I am so glad I finally made these caramel apples. I love fall sweets and this is one I will definitely make again in the future.

I just love the way the caramel glistens.

What are your favorite fall recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons