Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Camera!


Thanks to a very, very generous belated graduation present from my in-laws, my new camera is ordered and it should arrive by the end of the week! I am so very excited. I really could burst with joy! It's been surprisingly hard the past few weeks not having a camera. I am so looking forward to having a better camera that will make photographing items for my shop easier and will enable me to chronicle my baking more (the old camera just couldn't handle the poor lighting of my kitchen). I am overjoyed!


After much research I decided to go with a Canon XSi. I needed a relatively inexpensive DSLR, but I also wanted one that I could grow with and would love for years to come. I really look forward to furthering my skills with this camera.


After reading the same suggestion countless times from various foodies, I decided to order the camera minus the kit lens and order the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lens instead. This specific lens came highly suggested by several folks and for around $100 it's a great deal. Eventually I'd like to also purchase this macro lens as well but, as it's quite a splurge, that purchase won't come for several months.

I look forward to getting back in the swing of things. I hope to start posting more again and include more recipes and photos from around the studio. I am also planning a big shop update for next week sometime which may be accompanied by a little celebratory sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons