Monday, February 22, 2010

Recipe Makeover


I currently have a batch of cookies in the oven. In an attempt to eat healthier while still enjoying my love for baking, I am working on making over some of my favorite recipes. Last spring I made Martha's Banana-Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies and absolutely loved them! I've been meaning to make them again ever since with the intention of replacing the butter in the recipe for applesauce and trying a few other changes to make the recipe healthier. I have high hopes that with some adjustments this could make one stellar breakfast cookie. My version is packed with whole wheat flour and oatmeal, relies on applesauce as a butter replacement, and gains some extra flavor with a heaping teaspoon of ground cinnamon. I'll post the revised recipe tomorrow if they turn out well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons