Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cake Batter Pancakes

From the moment I saw these Cake Batter Pancakes on How Sweet It Is, I knew I had to make them! I figured they'd be the perfect treat to start a Saturday morning and they certainly didn't disappoint.

As Jessica suggests, I definitely had to do some tweaking to this recipe to get it just right. I ended up adding about 1/4 cup more cake batter and used about 1 3/4 cups milk in the pancake batter. I also choose to thin out the glaze considerably (I wanted something very thin and pourable and not too terribly sweet), using about 1/4 cup milk total. This recipe is all about personal preference; you decide how intense you'd like the cake flavor in your pancakes and how thick or think you'd prefer your glaze. I'd suggest using Jessica's recipe as a staring point and tweaking as you go to suit your tastes.

The hubby and I enjoyed these pancakes by themselves for breakfast, but thought their sweetness would be best rounded out when served with a savory item or two. These pancakes have such a whimsical charm and they'd be perfect for a birthday breakfast or for feeding a bunch of hungry kids. If you're a fan of cake batter flavored treats, I most definitely recommend these pancakes!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, these look amazing, thanks for introducing me to these lovely things! I'm gonna try these out this week!
    A.
    sodarling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Amy!! Love your blog and the ideas you have. Also the jewelery is gorgeous :)
    I'm a new follower and can't wait to see more of your posts :D
    Manni
    www.ibakecakes-manni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pancakes look great! I skipped the glaze Jessica used, but I definitely want to try it next time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons