Saturday, June 25, 2011

Key Lime Pie Ice Cream

I couldn't wait to try this recipe for Key Lime Pie Ice Cream when Jamie of My Baking Addiction shared it as a guest post over at goodLife {eats}. The thought of the tart key lime pie flavor made my mouth water and pucker all at once. I'm so glad I gave this recipe a try; this is hands down the easiest ice cream recipe I've ever made. You simply whisk a few ingredients together, chill, then let the mixture freeze in your ice cream maker. How easy is that?

This would be the perfect simple dessert for summer entertaining. The cold, tart ice cream would make a lovely finish to a cookout on a hot summer's day. You could prepare the ice cream ahead of time and keep it in the freezer before serving, or prepare the base and keep it chilled, then churn the ice cream just before serving for a delightful soft-serve consistency.

I can't wait to make this ice cream again and try sandwiching it between two homemade graham crackers for the perfect summer ice cream sandwich. I found this recipe pretty tart, so I'd definitely suggest starting with a less key lime juice, tasting, and adding more to your preference if you like things a bit sweeter. If you're a fan of Key Lime Pie, you've got to give this recipe a try! You'll be amazed at how quickly it comes together and how vibrant the resulting flavors are. This is definitely one to keep around for summer entertaining.


Key Lime Pie Ice Cream

via My Baking Addiction at goodLife {eats}
serves 6

1 1/2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup bottled key lime juice (such as Nellie and Joe's)
1/2 cup heavy cream
dash of salt
1 (14 ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
6 graham crackers, coarsely crushed, divided
key lime wedges, for serving (optional)

In a large bowl, combine milk, lime juice, heavy cream, salt and sweetened condensed milk; whisk to combine.

Pour mixture into your ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.

Stir in 1/3 cup graham crackers into ice cream. Spoon ice cream into a freezer-safe container, and cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon graham cracker crumbs. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired, and serve.

10 comments:

  1. Amy, linda página, ótimas receitas.
    Parabéns por compartilhar.
    Beijos doces.
    Lua.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Key lime pie is my FAVORITE!!!! this sounds beyond delicious!! I have an ice cream maker and this is getting made asap!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh looks so delish and refreshing for summer! can't wait to give this recipe to my mom -- she LOVES key lime pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come and check my website

    http://mysmallworldsescape.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been feeling savory lemon and lime sweets lately, and this ice cream must be so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never really been one for lime desserts - but this sounds so delicious! Maybe I could give them a little whirl. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so delicious! I'm obsessed with my ice cream maker, I use it constantly so I'll definitely have to try out this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so yummy! You have a beautiful blog too :)

    http://crazy-teapot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! That looks divine! Will be trying out this baby tomorrow, thanks x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons