Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Beauty Haul: CVS, Rite Aid and Sephora

 I wanted to share with you a little beauty haul/mini review of some products I picked up over the past week from CVS, Rite Aid and Sephora.


I had several Extra Care Bucks about to expire at CVS last week and nothing essential I needed to get, so I decided to treat myself and I finally picked up the Essie polish Set in Stones from their Luxeffects line that I had been eying for months.  It's a gorgeous silver glitter that is very densely packed with sparkle.  I love using glitters like this as an accent over polish on my ring fingers.

On the same shopping outing, I took advantage of a 40% sale on Revlon products that was going on at Rite Aid and I picked up three of the new Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains which I had heard glowing reviews about from two of my favorite YouTubers: makeupTIA and redheadphd.  These balm stains are just what the name implies: slightly minty balms with somewhat sheer, but buildable color that stain your lips to leave behind beautiful color even after the balms have worn off.  There are currently 12 shades offered in the range, everything from a nude to a deep red.  The shades I purchased were Honey, Smitten, and Romantic.  I have to say I have been very pleased and impressed with these balm stains!  The initial application is fantastic and I find the stains themselves to last a very long time.  When I catch these on sale again, I definitely plan to browse the shades again to see if any more catch my eye.


Recently Sephora had a "15 Days of Beauty" promotion going on where each day a different product was offered as a free gift with any online purchase over $25.  I had been wanting to pick up the new Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Coral for several weeks and when I heard about the promotion Sephora was offering, I checked every day to see what the free gift was.  I was holding out on making my purchase until the free gift was something I really wanted or needed, and when the free gift was a full size Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion near the end of the promotion, I knew that was the time to place my order as I was finally running out of the travel size that came with my Naked palette that I purchased a year ago (this stuff lasts positively ages).

To pass the $25 minimum for the promotion, I checked the sale section and found a Nail Dotting Tool and figured that might be fun to experiment with and added it to my cart.  Now I'm cheap and I hate to pay for shipping when I don't have to, so to qualify for free shipping I decided to purchase a Clarisonic Deep Pore Cleansing Replacement Brush Head.  I actually don't currently own a Clarisonic, but I plan to utilize some Birchbox points and birthday cash to purchase a Clarisonic Mia sometime this month.  I've heard nothing but glowing reviews for the Clarisonic from everyone I know who owns one and I've been dying to see if the Clarisonic would help improve my oily, acne-prone skin.  Perhaps I'll share my experience with the cleansing system after I've purchased the Mia and had a sufficient time to see results.


I thought I'd share what swatches of the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains in Honey, Smitten, and Romantic look like, as well as the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Coral.  Here you can see swatches of the products in that order (from left to right).

Have you picked up any new products from the drugstore or Sephora/Ulta lately?  I'm really loving a lot of the new products that have released for spring/summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons