Saturday, September 22, 2012

September 2012 GLOSSYBOX USA

I have to say, after the amazing August GLOSSYBOX, I was curious to see if this month would be as impressive.  If you ask me, it certainly didn't disappoint!

"From the fall fashion runways to the season's latest beauty trends, GLOSSYBOX offers a forward look into new products, formulas, technologies and colors of the season.  This month, we celebrate beauty's breakthrough products and offer a mixed set of forward thinking essentials.  From an elite shine controlling matte-maker, to a power packed smoothing system to take tresses and a natural lip refresher with a kiss of color.  All this paired with the ultimate multi-tasking miracle for the face, this month's cache of luxuries will keep you beautiful and current!"

This month, GLOSSYBOX sent us three full-size products and two very generous samples.

 1. GKHAIR - Moisturizing Shampoo ($20.00/10.1 oz)
Nourished with plant extracts, this superior smoothing shampoo will purify and moisturize the scalp and hair.

Sample size: ~1.5 oz
Sample value: ~$2.97

2. GK HAIR - Moisturizing Conditioner ($20.00/10.1 oz)
This gentle moisturizing coniditioner puts the finishing touch on your tresses and leaves your hair smooth, radiant, and revitalized.

Sample size: ~1.5 oz
Sample value: ~$2.97

3. Kryolan for GLOSSYBOX - Moisture Rich Lipstick in GLOSSY Pink ($14.00/0.14 oz)
Treat your lips to a creamy, long lasting lipstick enriched with Vitamin E to stimulate and hydrate your lips.  This perfect pop of GLOSSY pink compliments all skin tones and lifestyles.

Sample size: 0.14 oz
Sample value: $14.00

4. Missha - M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 ($29.99/1.69 oz)
Hailing from Korea, this Blemish Balm, also known as BB Cream is a multi-tasking powerhouse for the face.  This multi-use cream provides light coverage, smoothes, protects, and moisturizes.

Sample size: 1.69 oz
Sample value: $29.99

5. OC 8 - Professional Mattifying Gel ($30.00/1.6 oz)
This innovative mattifying gel lets you get control of your shine all day long.  Clinically tested, this one of a kind gel keeps shine down while helping you achieve a fresh flawless even tone look, for all skin types.

Sample size: 1.6 oz
Sample value: $30.00

Total box value: ~$79.93

 Another great month, GLOSSYBOX!  I have some seriously oily skin and I am beyond stoaked to try the Mattifying Gel.  I'm also really excited to try the Missha BB Cream.  This will be my first time trying an authentic Asian BB Cream.  The shade I received (No. 21) looks like it may be a tad dark for my fair complexion, but it blends seamlessly into my arm so I have hopes it will work well on my face.  I never get particularly excited about shampoo and conditioner, but I'll give these a go.  The GLOSSY Pink lipstick looks like a lovely shade that I'll get tons of use out of.  Unfortunately mine arrived a little beat up (the lipstick itself have loosened from the bullet and had gotten a bit smashed against the cap), but still useable.


From my August GLOSSYBOX, I have been absolutely loving the Touch in Sol Feel like Honey Moon Skin Base.  I've been using this nearly everyday I've worn makeup since receiving my August Glossybox and it's definitely become one of my favorite primers (and I've tried quite a few).  I love that it isn't silicone based so it doesn't leave that greasy film on my skin.  It really doesn't feel like much going on, just a little moisturizing, but I definitely notice my makeup applies more evenly then it does alone or over any of the other primers I've tried.  I'm sad to have discovered that I can't really pick this up locally at ULTA or Sephora and will have to order it online if I decide to purchase it once I run out (and I'm certainly tempted to).  Fortunately the sample I received is very generously sized and will last me several months.  I've been enjoying the other products from my August box as well, but this has been my stand out favorite!

2 comments:

  1. i absolutely love glossybox!~ can't wait to get mine! i love that bb cream :)

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I actually didn't get that mattifying gel, I got a cleansing mineral water. Still full size, but interesting to see a completely different product!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons