Monday, June 17, 2013

June 2013 Glam Bag

The June 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag took a walk "On the Wild Side," with products that 'channel the edgier side of style, helping you achieve the most current and trendy looks that are bound to turn heads.'  This month's items were enclosed in a leopard print bag with neon green zipper, lining, and details.

My June 2013 Ipsy Glam bag included five full-size products:

Cailyn Cosmetics - Line-Fix Gel Eyeliner with Brush Built-In ($21.00/0.14 oz)
Whether you are trying to create the eyes of the runway model or the classic look of a 60's Hollywood star, the Cailyn Line-Fix Gel Eyeliner can make any style possible!  The easy to use built-in brush makes it perfect for taking on-the-go.  Create a chic yet casual look right before work, and then update it for a night out with the girls.  The Cailyn Line-Fix Gel Eyeliner brushes on smooth and stays moist just long enough for wearers to perfect their look.  Once dry, the gel is smudge-proof and waterproof for 24 hours.

Sample size: 0.14 oz
Sample value: $21.00

I received the Cailyn eyeliner in the shade purple (look below for a swatch).  The gel eyeliner includes it's own brush for convenient application.  I found the brush easy to use and the eyeliner pleasant to work with.  The formula is extremely long-wearing, even hand soap wouldn't remove the swatch from my skin.  I love wearing purple eyeliner to bring out the green in my blue-green eyes, so I'm really pleased with this shade and looking forward to using the product.

J.Cat Beauty - Sparkling Cream Palette ($4.49/palette)
Everyone loves a little sparkle!  Add a healthy dosage of sparkle in your life with the cream palette that comes in a variety of complementing colors.  The creamy texture allows the sparkle to be applied easily with an applicator onto your skin.  This product should be used on the body and not on the eye area.

Sample size: 1 palette
Sample value: $4.49


I knew immediately that this wouldn't be a product I'd ever use as I'm not a fan of chunky glitter products.  Initially I thought this was a sparkling cream (eyeshadow) palette, but upon reading Ipsy's description of the product, I see that it's only safe for use on the body.

As you'll see in the swatches of the J.Cat Sparkling Cream Palette, the product is really nothing more than glitter particles suspended in a clear cream base.  Aside from this being a product I'd never use, I found the formula a little difficult to apply evening.  This is a definite miss for me.  I'll be passing this along to a friend.

J.Cat Beauty - Eyelash + Eyelash Glue ($3.99/set)
Create some drama with these voluminous faux eyelashes!  Available in 30 different styles that you won't be able to resist.  Each includes an individual eyelash adhesive to last you all day long!

Sample size: 1 set
Sample value: $3.99

I received the style C32 which is definitely on the more tame end of the lashes from J.Cat Beauty that were sent to Ipsy subscribers.  I have naturally pretty long and full lashes, so on the rare occasion that I do reach for false lashes, I usually prefer individual lashes or more subtle full strips.  The lashes are made from 100% human hair and include latex-free black lash glue for application.  Because these lashes are symmetrical in shape from one end of the lash band to the next, I may end up cutting each lash strip in half, to use on the outer corner of my eyes for a less dramatic effect (and also to double the wear I'll get from the pair).

NYX - Mosiac Powder Blush ($7.00/0.2 oz)
Adding a healthy glow to cheeks is effortless with the variety of blush styles and shades available from NYX Cosmetics!  The NYX Mosiac Blush contains five matte and shimmery shades in one compact, blending to create a flush of color and dazzling glow!

Sample size: 0.2 oz
Sample value: $7.00

The NYX Powder and Cream Blushes are some of my favorites, but this is the first Mosaic Blush I've owned from the brand.  I received the shade Spice which is a warm pink-brown.  It may end up learning a little too warm for my preference on my cheeks, but I do think the color itself is quite beautiful.  It would be a lovely autumn/winter shade or a nice, almost-bronze summer shade for someone with a more tan complexion.  The blush applies incredibly smooth and has lovely pigmentation.  I really adore NYX blushes and think their quality rivals every high end blush I've tried.

Starlooks - Lip Pencil ($12.00/2.4 g)
Starlooks' long-lasting, full-coverage Lip Pencil enhances the shape of your lips and gives them perfect definition.  This creamy, moisturizing formula glides on softly to smooth lips and ensure lipstick stays in place, while extending its wear.  Can also be used as an all-over, highly-pigmented lip color.

Sample size: 2.4 g
Sample value: $12.00

I received the Starlooks Lip Pencil in Tickle Me Pink, a mid-tone matte pink.  It's not too warm, not too cool.  I think it would compliment a wide range of lipsticks and would be a pretty, bold all-over color.  It applies smoothly and with nice payoff.

Total bag value: $48.48

{Swatches of the NYX Mosiac Blush in Spice, Cailyn Eyeliner in Purple, and Starlooks Lip Pencil in Tickle Me Pink.}

Over all, I'm pretty happy with this month's Glam Bag.  I really could have done entirely without the Sparkling Cream Palette, but am happy to try the other products I received.  Initially I was a little disappointed to see so many products from brands I've never heard of (every brand except NYX is entirely unfamiliar to me); however, I'm initially fairly happy with the quality of the products.

What products/shades did you receive in your June Glam Bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons