Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Evening Skincare Routine & Favorites {Oily, Acne-prone Skin}

Yesterday I shared my Morning Skincare Routine & Favorites, so today I'm following up with my evening routine.  As I mentioned yesterday, I have oily, acne-prone skin and I'm concerned with preventing early signs of aging.  While I'm certainly not perfect and I crash many nights having only half-heartedly removed my makeup with a cleansing wipe, these are the products and the routine I aim to do in the evenings before sleep.  If you read yesterday's post, you'll probably notice that most of these items are the same as my morning routine.

1.) Before cleansing, I always begin by removing the bulk of my face and eye makeup with either a cleansing oil or makeup remover wipe.  I didn't picture either because I've yet to really find a favorite, holy-grail makeup remover.  I like wipes for their ease and convenience, but I haven't found any that I could completely rave about.  The Pond's Evening Sooth Wet Cleansing Towelettes have been the product I've repurchased the most, but the packaging drives me insane (usually about half-way through the package the seal is no longer sticky and the wipes begin to dry out).  I just recently purchased the Aveeno Ultra-Calming Makeup Removing Wipes which feature a clever seal to keep the product moist.  I've only used them a few times, so I can't give a full review on them yet, but I've found them effective and satisfactory thus far.

2.) After removing the bulk of my makeup, I cleanse using the Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash on my Clarisonic Mia.  Together these remove any remaining traces of makeup and give my skin a deep clean from the day.  My skin feels clean, but not stripped.

3.) After cleansing, as I do in the morning, I apply the Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner with a cotton round.  This toner is refreshing, soothing, and subtly moisturizing.

4.) I usually take advantage of the evening to impart extra moisture.  To be honest, my oily skin doesn't necessarily need a heavier moisturizer in the evening, but my absolute favorite skincare products to use are moisturizing serums and cremes, so I do this step partly out of the enjoyment of the pampering.  Lately I've been loving the Derma e Hydrating Night Creme with Hyaluronic Acid.  This is a thick creme that adds a ton of hydration back to the skin.  While thick, it's not particularly heavy or greasy and it absorbs quickly.  Some nights I'll replace this with natural oils (more details on that in tomorrow's post); however, if I'm moisturizing and immediately headed to bed, I'll reach for this night creme since it absorbs so quickly.  I apply a generous layer to my face and neck and when I wake up in the morning my skin feels incredibly smooth and hydrated.

5.) I use the Derma e Hydrating Eye Creme with Hyaluronic Acid in the evenings in a slightly more generous layer than I do in the daytime.  I think this is a great, basic eye creme.  It's hydrating and provides natural anti-aging benefits while being gentle (no stinging).  I don't suffer from abnormally dark circles, puffiness, or excessive fine lines and for me, at this stage in my life, this eye creme is perfect!

6.) I always apply a generous layer of lip balm before bed.  The Burt's Bees Ultra Moisturizing Lip Treatment is my favorite morning, night, and all throughout the day.

Tomorrow I'll share the last of my skincare favorites: items I use weekly and treatments/masks that I reach for as needed.  There are some real gems I've discovered and couldn't live without, so you won't want to miss them!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons