Friday, September 26, 2008

Homely

The hubby and I are currently in the process of looking for our first apartment together. Yesterday we viewed an apartment which really stood out to the both of us. The apartment itself is the entire second floor of this charming, old home. The location is ideal as the house is quite close to campus and would enable us to freely flow to and from classes without the fuss of planning schedules, finding parking places, etc. While the apartment would present a few issues if we decide to move in (such as the current lack of any counter space in the kitchen), I am already brainstorming ideas for problem solvers. My mind is racing with ideas for decorating to make the place home.

So, in the spirit of moving, I offer some of my favorite Etsy picks for the home, room by room!

Kitchen:


Lemon and Baking Soda Kitchen Soap by South Pacific Body.

Sounds like the perfect soap to have on hand at the sink after an evening of preparing dinner!


Bird Candlesticks Pair by Beehive Kitchenware.

These would be the perfect addition to a sweet, little kitchen table, setting atop a vintage embroidered table cloth!

Living room:

Knitware Coasters by alyssaetinger.

I love the muted color and knitted texture of these coasters!


Mod Cabin Clock by Nice.

What a whimsical touch this could bring to the area above a couch. I think it would look fantastic amongst a cluster of various other items: small framed art, embroidery hoops, skeleton keys, book bookshelves.

Bedroom:

Orange Vanilla candle by Bliss Candles.

I crave a calm, simple bedroom. No television, no computers. I want a room solely for relaxation and the like. This candle would be the perfect addition, sweet and inviting.


Ooo-La-La-Lavender sachets by BananaSaurusRex.

"Who doesn't love lavender-scented underpants?" INDEED! I actually purchased some French lavender several weeks back with the intent of making myself some fragrant lavender sachets for my drawers and laundry, but, alas, there has been no time for crafting for myself.

Studio:

Foral Wall Wear by neawear.

What a lovely little, inspiring work of art for a studio wall!


Button Collector Print by The Black Apple.

Isn't she the most whimsical little thing you ever saw? I love Emily Martin's work, and this is one of my favorites. I've been dying to have walls of my own to cover with her girls.

Bath:

French Mararon Soaps by naiad.

Quite possibly the cutest soaps in existence, modeled after one of the cutest sweets in existence, these soaps are to die for!


Cupcake Bath Bomb by Hey Lady Cards.

More unbelievable cuteness for pampering oneself. I can't believe how realistic the cupcake bath bombs at Hey Lady Cards are! I am seriously impressed.


There are so many lovely things on Etsy with which to fill one's home!

What are you favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons