Sunday, September 28, 2008

Marshmallows & Craft Fairs

I made homemade marshmallows last night. Thanks to the aid of a stand mixer they were super easy to make. I find them much more light and fluffy than their store bought cousins and therefore leaps and bounds more satisfying. I was hoping to enjoy them with a bit of cocoa, but I find the weather still a wee tad too warm. So instead I dipped them in semi-sweet chocolate for a decadent little dessert! They are so delicious this way... the chocolate provides a sweet, substantial exterior while the marshmallow center is light and melts in your mouth. YUM! I think they'd made the most perfect s'mores.

I've been treating myself to the marshmallows today while I work hard preparing for the 11th Annual Wilmore Arts & Crafts Festival which will take place this Saturday, October 4th, from 9am until 4pm on Main Street in downtown Wilmore, Kentucky. I am hoping to have quite a large selection of jewelry available, from my usual designs to some new pieces from my fall/winter line! There will be lots of colors and styles available in a wide range of prices. Something for everyone. I will also be trying out some new displays and packaging. I found a gorgeous carved wood picture frame in a yard sale for a mere dollar. I will be painting it white and giving it a distressed antique look. I plan to use it as a display for my popular stud earrings. I am also planning some ideas for a bit of new packaging, with gift wrap options available as well for a small fee.

I will be focusing all my free time (outside classes) this week preparing for the Festival. I have a few more big events coming up this fall as well. I am looking forward to the holiday craft fair season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons