Thursday, June 18, 2009

Kentucky Proud Art Fair

Unfortunately I have been a bit MIA lately. I have been busy working. I only have 3 free Saturdays all summer, as all the others I am booked for various fairs and festivals. It is exciting but a bit overwhelming. I need to invest in two new tables for my studio. I currently have two and a desk, but the two tables I use are also my display tables for shows and I have to clear them of my work and take them down every week for shows, then put them back up so I can work. It's a wee frustrating. I also had some laptop issues this past weekend, and thanks to Dell's incredibly awful technical support, it took me one system restore and about 6 phone calls to convince Dell that I needed a keyboard replacement. They wouldn't listen to me during my initial call when I described my issues and insisted it was a keyboard problem. They forced me to restore my system and go through about a million steps before they were convinced the keyboard didn't work. At any rate, a technician came on Tuesday, replaced the keyboard in a couple of minutes and all the problems were resolved. I'm glad I finally have a functional computer again, but I have yet to find the time to move all my files and documents back to my laptop.

Anyway, speaking of shows... I will be participating in the Kentucky Proud Art Fair which will be hosted by Good Foods Market & Cafe in Lexington this Saturday from 10am until 2pm. I have been working this week of tweaking my stud earring display and I am quite delighted with the result. I cannot wait to see how it looks with the rest of my set up this weekend. Today I am going to be busy making some new pieces for the show. I am planning on focusing my time on making bracelets, more stud earrings and perhaps some cute rings with vintage buttons. I need to design some new dangle earrings as well. I have been a bit limited with my designs lately as my supply stock is running incredibly low. I need to order lots of new vintage pieces as well as some more sterling and gold fill findings. I will have to do some serious supply shopping in the next few days. I was accepted as a juried artist for the Lexington Fourth of July Festival, which should be quite a busy show. I am planning on designing lots of new pieces to debut at the festival. Hopefully I'll be able to share sneak peaks with you along the way.

I will be bringing my camera to the Kentucky Proud Art Fair this weekend. I plan to finish setting up a good 15 minutes before the fair starts so I can *hopefully* capture some decent photos of my set up. I really need to have pictures of my display for future applications. I'll be sure to share them with you all here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons