Monday, July 13, 2009

Getting Organized

The past several days I have been working hard getting my items photographed and edited. I have been entering every item into an Excel file where I can keep track of the item name, number, and price. This has been a great jump into being much more organized with my business. It feels like such a relief to get this done. I've also been adding items to my Etsy shop. I have quite a few dangle earrings listed now and will be adding necklaces, bracelets, rings, hair pins and brooches in the next few days. I hope to have my entire current stock listed by the end of the week.
Unfortunately one of the boutiques in Lexington where I have selling my jewelry is closing. I had been doing quite well there with sales and no longer being able to sell there finally pushed me to get myself together and get my Etsy shop really going. I have been ignoring my shop for the most part this past year as I preferred to focus on local boutique sales and craft fairs. However, I'd really like to see where my business can take me and having a substantial online presence is necessary.

At show I always have so many customers ask me if I have an online shop. I always answered yes but also had to explain that it was rather empty and wasn't representative of the full range of my line.
By the end of the week I should be able to proud say that, yes I have an online shop and it is full of tons of gorgeous pieces! I look forward to seeing where things will lead from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons