Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Dress Shopping!

With two very good friends getting married in early October, I have had dress shopping on the brains recently. I have a very modest collection of dresses which are all perfect for spring or summer but are a bit much for a fall wedding. Yesterday I decided to venture to the mall and attempt to find an appropriate dress for the occasion. Being a plus size woman with a very particular sense of fashion makes for a difficult shopping experience. I was horrified to see stores filled with tacky animal print dresses and ungodly amounts of purple for fall. Nothing to satisfy this classic, 50's silhouette loving woman.

After much shopping I finally decided on purchasing an Adrianna Papell dress from Dillards and a skirt and cami from Lane Bryant. I think I have decided to go with the Adrianna Papell dress as I am crazy about its classic shape and the fact that I already own the perfect clutch and heels to pair with it.


The dress (you can click on the image to view the details better) has these gorgeous leaf/petal cut outs which are sewn to the overlay. I love its very classic, flattering shape and I just can't get over how playful the petal details are. Now I have the challenge of finding an appropriate cardigan, shrug or wrap to wear with the dress. Oh, and designing the perfect jewelry to wear with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons