Sunday, November 22, 2009

Desk Makeover

I just won these pretty Anthropologie knobs on eBay! With shipping, these knobs came well under $3 each which is a steal considering Anthrpologie's knobs typically cost around $8-$12 on average. I have been wanting to paint my hand me down desk and give it some life with pretty knobs and decorative paper to line the drawers. My desk, which used to be my husband's, is currently a honey-colored, boxy eye sore. I'd like to sand it down, give it several coats of fresh white paint, add these pretty knobs to the drawers and line the shelves with some kind of sweet patterned paper.

This desk from a before & after featured on Design*Sponge is along the lines of the shape and style of my desk. I just love the clean, modern look the white paint brings to the desk. I also adore the chair that was painted and reupholstered to coordinate with the desk.

And here is a shot of the pretty lined drawers. I just love that unexpected pop of pattern! This desk was made over by Laura of Groovin With the Grizas, you can find more photos and details of the makeover here.

I am hoping to tackle my desk makeover shortly after new year.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the desk makeover! those knobs are adorable.
    I was nominated for the Kreativ Blog Award a few days ago and wanted to let you know that I passed one of my nominations along to you! You can see the instructions in my blog.
    I love your blog!
    Savannah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons