Saturday, January 16, 2010

Currently Reading...

I just returned home from a fantastic little outing with the hubby. We had lunch, I returned a few things, bought some new Burt's Bees face wash and lotion from Target, and stopped by the public library to check out a few books. I picked up three fantastic baking cookbooks which I plan to enjoy this afternoon while cozy on the couch.


I have been wanting to get my hands on Baked: New Frontiers in Baking for months and months! I am so excited to finally have a copy in my hands to flip through. I tried the Pumpkin Whoopie Pies from this cookbook last fall and they were amazing! I have heard so many rave reviews for this cookbook and I can't wait to try more of the recipes from it.


The next two books I picked up after I saw them on the shelf at the library. I love Magnolia Bakery's recipe for vanilla cupcakes. That recipe was one of the very first things I ever baked from scratch. I made it several times in the months after the hubby and I got married. I would always turn it into an 8-inch layer cake and frost it with sweet pastel pink or green frosting. I look forward to trying out more of famous Magnolia Bakery sweets!


The last book I picked up was only the last because the hubby said I had to limit myself to three books. Probably for the best since this last one is over 600 pages! I have a serious love affair for King Arthur Flour and I almost squealed with delight when I saw this big, beautiful book on the shelf just waiting for me to bring it home!

I had to get a new library card as I lost my last one and it probably expired a few years ago anyway. Now that I have a card, I look forward to checking cookbooks and craft books out often.

What are your favorite cookbooks and craft books? I'd love some suggestions for my next trip.

2 comments:

  1. Wait. Wait. Wait. Your darling "hubby" puts limits on what you check out from the library FOR FREE? Thank GOD I'm not married.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was to be reasonable. 1) I was getting a new card and he didn't think I would be able to check out a large sum of books (which was true) and 2) I have a bad history of checking out too many books and then not returning them on time and having to pay the library fines.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons