Monday, March 1, 2010

Grilled Salmon with Avocado and Mango Salsa

Sunday night I made Grilled Salmon with an Avocado and Mango Salsa and Applesauce Granita with Cinnamon Maple Yogurt. Everything was so light and refreshing. I know it's still freezing out, but this would make a perfect summer meal! I'm hoping that with all the salmon, avocado and mango I've been eating lately that soon my skin will be glowing. I'm still on track eating tons of fresh produce and lots of whole grains with a little bit of lean protein thrown in. I miss baking, but I must say that I'm really learning to enjoy cooking. I love chopping all sorts of colorful fruits and vegetables and playing around with herbs and spices for flavor. Cooking healthy has been really enjoyable and an easy transition. I'm glad I'm finally making a heatlhy lifestyle change; it's been hard for me to jump in until now. Unfortunately my husband won't eat any fresh food aside from a potato and a few fruits, so most of our meals were usually processed and anything but nutritious. Thankfully he's been doing his own thing lately allowing me to indulge in all the healthy foods that I actually love. Until recently I was thoroughly convinced that I hated to cook. I now realize that a huge part of why I never enjoyed cooking before was because I had to fight to find recipes that my husband would eat. I've been getting to try all kinds of recipes I've been drooling over for months. It's so exciting to try new ingredients and techniques. Cooking can be a great adventure. The sight, aroma and taste of a meal can really transport you to a whole different world, and the satisfaction you receive from creating a delicious and healthy meal is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons