Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter enjoying the beautiful spring weather, spending time with family and friends, and celebrating a risen savior!

I enjoyed a wonderful time spent with the hubby and his family. My mother-in-law and I spent several hours last night doing some preparations for today's dinner. I made the nest-inspired chocolate cake above. It didn't turn out as well as I was hoping. I had to use two 4 oz. Hershey's chocolate bars instead of the huge 16 oz. bar the recipe called for, so the chocolate for my nest was a little more rustic looking than the perfectly chopped chocolate from the Martha Stewart inspiration. It was still pretty cute though, and quite yummy!

I also made modified versions of Ina Garten's Chicken with Forty Cloves of Garlic and Parmesan Smashed Potatoes. We also had some amazing ham, rolls, corn and broccoli. Homemade beer cheese and deviled eggs served as appetizers while we finished cooking this afternoon. My mother-in-law also got the brilliant idea to turn an almond Jello recipe she loves into egg-shaped Jello Jigglers. I wish I would have snapped a photo (I was too full at that point to even think about photographs), because they were perfect! They were opaque white and looked exactly like hard-boiled eggs. I insisted that they become a tradition because they were too cute! She also prepared Rice Krispies Treats to make Peep Sushi but we were all too full and folks had to part ways before we could get around to making our sushi--so sad!

We had a wonderful time and I'm already thinking ahead to the cute treats I want to try out for next Easter. There are still a few spring-themed treats that I want to try in the next month, including some adorable petit fours which I had originally planned to make for today but ran out of time. I am hoping to make them next weekend. I am going to relax a bit this evening, probably spend some time in the studio (because hardly a day goes by where I don't work at little) and hang out with my adorable hubby.

2 comments:

  1. oh god that is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!

    i want something like that for my wedding cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chanel!

    I've been wanting to do something like the cake I made for my hubby's last birthday in chocolate. I think vertical creases like that in chocolate ganache would be so cute--like tree bark!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons