Thursday, May 27, 2010

More on Cupcakes

Tonight I have a date to make these Cupcake Pops from Bakerella. Originally I was just planning to make some simple Cake Pops to practice and see how many I'll get of a certain size (in preparation for a bridal shower that I'll be making them for in June), but then I decided that I'll give these little cuties a try as well. I don't exactly have the cookie cutters that Bakerella suggests using for shaping the base of the cupcakes, but I'm going to try to improvise with what I have in my collection. I'm thinking about making mine with chocolate coated bottoms and a variety of pastel color tops (pink, blue, mint green, peach). I was hoping to find some white nonpariels or some small pastel sprinkles, but all I could really find at Kroger on short notice was some rainbow nonpariels. Hopefully they turn out cute as I could use a little cheering up...

Tonight is the series finale of FlashForward and I'm really sad to see it go. The hubby and I both really enjoyed the show and are disappointed that it got cancelled. With Lost over now as well, there are only a handful of great shows left on the air. Without giving anything away to those who still may have not seen the Lost finale, I must say I haven't really come to terms yet with the conclusion. I was really angry while watching the last 15 or so minutes of the finale and I'm still pretty annoyed with the way things were concluded. I've decided that I really need to rewatch the last two seasons again before fulling committing myself to an opinion about the finale. As silly as it sounds, I've been experiencing a weird sense of loss since Lost ended. Part of me feels a bit numb as well since the conclusion was so lackluster for me. Oh well, at least Dexter's still around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons