Tuesday, July 10, 2012

July 2012 Birchbox

I received my July Birchbox today.  This month Birchbox "teamed up with Glamour [magazine], whose summer issue celebrates the five senses of summer, to bring you a Birchbox that guarantees a multi-sensory experience."  I'm happy to say I think they did a fairly decent job of providing a "multi-sensory experience."

In my July Birchbox, I received four samples and two lifestyle extras:

Color Club - Blue-Ming polish ($8/.5 oz)
Use this green-turquoise polish on fingers and toes all summer long.

Sample size: 0.25 oz
Sample value: $4.00

Eyeko - Skinner Liquid Eyeliner in Black ($15/.07 oz)
Direct from London, these punchy color liners feature a pen-style applicator that's truly goof-proof.

Sample size: 0.07 oz
Sample value: $15.00

Harvey Prince - Eau Flirt perfume ($55/50 ml)
The fragrance equivalent to a wink, this fanciful scent layers fresh citrus and jasmine notes over a base of lavender and pumpkin.

Sample size: unknown
Sample value: unknown

Supergoop! - City Sunscreen Serum ($20/20 ml)
Wear this award-winning brand's silky SPF 30 serum under your makeup for a weightless UV shield.

Sample size: 4 ml
Sample value: $4

Tea Forte - minteas ($9.95/3 tins)
Keep these refreshing, tea-infused mints on hand for quick pick-me-ups.

Sample size: 1 tin
Sample value: $3.32

Birchbox Exclusive - Earbuds
We designed these neon headphones just for you.  Pair them with your best playlist.

Total box value: $26.32+

I love my box this month!  I'll use each and every sample I received and am happy to have them.  Good job, Birchbox!



Now for some brief thoughts on the samples from my June Birchbox.  Honestly, the self-tanning towelettes and men's cologne sample have gone untouched.  I have also yet to try the mask, but that is because I'm so excited to use it that I've been holding off for a special occasion when I want my skin to look especially nice.  Hubby and I are attending a wedding this weekend, so I'm planning on putting this to use before that.  The Stila One Step Bronze was just an awful mess of a product.  It made my pale skin look muddy and entirely too glittery.  I'm still on the fence about the stain: I find it doesn't show up very well on my lips at all unless I apply quiet a few layers of the gel, but then it tends to look blotchy and weird.  I still have hopes that the mask will be good, but otherwise, last month's box was a big miss for me.  I'm glad I love my July box!

2 comments:

  1. Would it be possible to know the weight for your July birchbox?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons