Monday, July 30, 2012

July 2012 GLOSSYBOX USA

My third GLOSSYBOX arrived recently (see what I received in my May and June boxes), and I have to say I'm pretty excited about this month's samples.

The July box theme was Summer Nights.  "After a sizzling day in the sun, there is nothing better than a cool summer night.  This month's GLOSSYBOX offers you essentials you'll need to indulge in products that show off your sun kissed skin and hair and enhance sultry eyes.  Afterwards, throw on your sexy sandals and dance the night away under the shimmering summer sky."

Honestly, most months the themes for GLOSSYBOX, Birchbox, and other subscription services seem kind of forced to me.  The samples usually don't relate completely to the supposed theme.  The theme and samples this month for GLOSSYBOX felt that way to me.  None of these products particularly make me thing of a summer evening.  I could truly care less if the boxes I receive each month have a cohesive theme; I'd much rather receive an unrelated variety of great products than so-so products that evoke a gimmicky theme.  So even though I feel the samples this month don't reflect Summer Nights, I'm happy with the collection of products.

This month I received five samples and one "extra."  In my July GLOSSYBOX, I received:

1. Alessandro International - Pedix Heel Rescue Balm ($18.50/100 ml)
This foot creme oil imported exclusively from Germany provides intensive protection and nourishes skin, leaving it soft and supple.

Sample size: 30 ml
Sample value: $5.55

2. Sebastian - Color Ignite Multi Tone Shampoo ($14.95/8.4 oz)
Smart color moisture complex that targets your color-treated strands, to deeply moisturize and restructure hair fibers wherever needed most.

Sample size: 1.7 oz
Sample value: $3.03

3. Sebastian - Color Ignite Multi Tone Conditioner ($16.95/6.6 oz)
This micro-bubble conditioner whips, wraps and wows your strands leaving your hair with long-lasting color and vibrant shine.

Sample size: 1.65 oz
Sample value: $4.24

4. Figs & Rouge - Lips, Face & Body Balm ($6.00/0.26 oz)
This gorgeous tin is filled with 100% pure and natural skin balm, a multi-use wonder product that will keep your skin feeling soft and beautiful throughout the day.

Sample size: 0.26 oz
Sample value: $6.00

5. Senna Cosmetics - Mineral Eyes Shadow Trio ($24.00/0.14 oz)
This silky pressed mineral eye shadow trio in metallic or matte colors gives you a hypnotic yet polished finish with amazing dimension.

Sample size: 0.14 oz
Sample value: $24.00

Extra - Blushed fragrance by Ruddy Water ($22.00/24 pouches)
Features notes of bright red currant and rich vanilla, wrapped around subtle sweet lemon, slightly spicy ginger, and kissed with a hint of sugar.  Take, tuck or share this fragrance towelette.  It's scent will make you blush.

Sample size: 1 pouch
Sample value: $0.92

Total box value: $43.74

As I said, I'm pretty happy with the samples this month!  While I don't have color treated hair, I imagine the shampoo & conditioner will be very nourishing, so I'm excited to give them a try.  I am in a constant battle to keep my heels in shape and I'm looking forward to seeing if the Heel Rescue Balm works any small miracles on them.  The sweet geranium scent of the Figs & Rouge Balm is a little overpowering to me, but the balm is very moisturizing and absorbs quickly so I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of it (and how adorable is that tin?).

 I'm probably most excited about the fragrance towelette (the sweet, fruity scent is right up my alley) and the Senna Cosmetics Shadow Trio.  I received the matte Shadow Trio and I'm very glad I did.  I own primarily pearl and shimmery shadows but have been wanting to add some matte shades to my collection.  The warm browns of this trio look like they'll be very flattering on the eye and the shadows themselves are nice and smooth.

Initially I'm really happy about the samples this month and I can't wait to try them all out!  I'll let you know what I think of them in more detail next month after I've had a chance to put them to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons