Friday, July 6, 2012

June 2012 GLOSSYBOX USA

My June GLOSSYBOX arrived a few days ago!  For those who are curious to know more about GLOSSYBOX and/or are interested in seeing photos of the lovely GLOSSYBOX packaging, check out my post on the May GLOSSYBOX.

This is the second month that GLOSSYBOX has been open to subscribers in the US.  I absolutely loved the May box (I'll share my thoughts on a few of the products from the May box at the end of this post).  The June box didn't thrill me as much right off the bat, but I'm excited to try the products regardless.

This month's box theme was Summer Simplicity.  "As the weather heats up and you head to the beach, it's time to get back to basics and let you natural skin glow.  This month's GLOSSYBOX allows you to do so; treat yourself to lush products that will revitalize your face, pamper the body, enrich your locks and add a luxurious aroma of summer notes.  With your natural beauty restored, all you'll need to worry about is which bikini to wear."

As with last month, the box contained five deluxe samples and one "extra."  In my June Glossybox, I received:

1. Ahava - Mineral Botanic Hibiscus & Fig Velvet Cream Wash ($22/17.0 oz)
Formulated with rejuvenating Dead Sea minerals and soothing natural moisturizers, this velvety cream wash gives an extra hydration-boost with a sweet uplifting scent.

Sample size: 3.0 oz
Sample value: $3.88

2. First Aid Beauty - Smooth Shave Cream ($16.50/6.8 oz)
Smooth Shave Cream is a gentle, non-irritating formula containing everything you need to obtain a close, long-lasting shave.  Keep your legs looking smooth and sexy all summer.

Sample size: 2.0 oz
Sample value: $4.85

3. Orfa Cosmetics - Eye Shadow ICE ($14.95/0.47 oz)
Dab on this primer infused, color intense, creamy eye shadow and stand out in any crowd.  Remain beautiful for your long summer adventures.

Sample size: 0.47 oz
Sample value: $14.95

4. Vbeauté - Lite Up, Buying Time, & Eye Never ($150/1.0 oz, $135/1.7 oz, $85/0.5 oz)
Give your face the treatment it deserves with this skin care trio including face serum, cream and eye gel.

Sample size: 0.033 oz (each)
Sample Value: $13.18 (total)

5. Wella Professionals - Enrich Moisturizing Treatment ($12/5.07 oz)
Create free flowing hair with this lightweight treatment containing silk extract that instantly restores your mane.

Sample size: 0.84 oz
Sample value: $1.99

Extra - Urban Organic from A Perfume Organic perfume sample.

Total box value: $38.85

My first impressions of this month's box are so-so.  The Ahava Cream Wash smells lovely and I look forward to trying it out.  The First Aid Beauty Shave Cream is something I will certainly use, but as I don't have sensitive skin, I can't imagine it will be anything ground breaking for me.  I'm excited to try the Wella Treatment as I'm always up for trying a new hair moisturizer/conditioner.  The other products are kind of a miss for me.

The Orfa Cosmetics Eye Shadow ICE seems like a really great product (I swatched this on my hand the day I received my GLOSSYBOX and proceeded to work in the yard, wash my hands, etc. and it would not budge until I removed it with eye makeup remover), but the color I received is a very dark matte charcoal gray.  I don't imagine I'll get much use out of the product since I rarely wear dark or smokey eye makeup.

The Vbeauté samples are so tiny, I doubt there will be enough product for even one application.  Even if they are lovely, I don't think it's possible to see the results of a skincare product after just one minimal use.

Overall, this month initially seems a little lackluster, but who knows, I may end up loving one of the products or figuring out how to make the seriously long-wearing Eye Shadow ICE work for me.  I'll let you know my final thoughts on the products next month, once I've had time to try them out.


Now for my thoughts on some of the products I received in my May GLOSSYBOX.

The Zoya polish in Lara was just as beautiful on the nails as it appeared in the bottle.  As with the other Zoya polishes I've tried, it applied wonderfully and wore a fairly long time.  It's become one of my favorite pink polishes.

I really enjoyed using the Phyto Intese Hydraing Mask.  I was able to get several uses out of my sample, which I really appreciated (I have long hair and often am only able to get one or two uses out of mask samples).  When I used this after washing my hair with the L'Oreal Evercreme Intense Nourishing Shampoo, my hair was incredibly soft and silky (perhaps the most touchable it's ever been).  I'm pretty cheap when it comes to hair care, so I'm a bit hesitant to purchase this full size at $38, but I do think it's a lovely product and I'll keep it in mind if I ever feel like splurging.

The Amore Pacific Hydra-Gel moisturizer was lovely to use, but I found it's heavy scent a little off putting.  The moisturizer itself was lightweight yet very hydrating.  It worked beautifully on my oily skin and reminded me of the Clinique Moisture Surge, which I adore.

Overall I really enjoyed using the products from my May box and found the samples included to be of a nice variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons