Wednesday, November 21, 2012

November 2012 Glam Bag

I have another beauty subscription service to share with you.  Ipsy (formerly MyGlam) and I have an interesting history.  When the service launched last December, I immediately and enthusiastically signed up.  The first bag was amazing - full of generously sized high end makeup products.  Then January rolled around and the company apparently received more new subscribers than they could handle and a huge number of Glam Bags never reached customers that month (myself included).  February came and brought with it a disappointing array of drugstore products, microscopic sample sizes, and the inclusion of a coupon as a "sample."  I gave the company one more month, but when March disappointed me yet again, I decided to take a break from the company and see if the quality of the service would improve.

Fortunately the company took complaints from their subscribers seriously and began offering more makeup from high end brands.  After seeing quality samples sent out a few months in a row, I decided it was time I gave the Ipsy another chance.  I'm glad I did because the November 2012 Glam Bag certainly didn't disappoint.

For a very reasonable $10, the November Glam Bag included the following samples in addition to a makeup bag:

Starlet Cosmetics - Intense Eyeliner in Black ($11.00/1.5 g)
These creamy eyeliner pencils glide on to deliver a lasting vibrant color in chocolate or black.  Blend or line your lids to create your favorite glam look, whether a smokey eye or a straight line wing tip.

Sample size: 1.5 g
Sample value: $11.00

theBalm - Meet Matt(e) Eyeshadow in Matt Batali ($34.50/9.5 g)
Matt Batali is just one of nine shadows found in theBalm's Meet Matt(e) compact palette (named after their favorite Matthews next door) which can be combined to create a multitude of soft and wearable looks.  Matt Batali leaves a dark, matte finish, perfect for creating a smokey eye.

Sample size: 0.9 g
Sample value: $3.27

Nailtini - Nail Laquer in Millionaire ($13.00/.5 oz)
Introducing Millionaire nail lacquer from the new Nailtini “Speakeasy” Collection chosen specifically for the ipsy community. Millionaire spikes a base of rose gold micro-glitter with iridescent gold and teal tinsels for statement-making nails, whether worn alone or as a dazzling special-effect topcoat. The only line of lacquer developed to maximize the creativity of the user by "cocktailing" different shades, Nailtini serves up endless color possibilities with amazing performance, hip sensibility and tongue-in-cheek attitude.

Sample size: 0.5 oz
Sample value: $13.00

bareMinerals - Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Dare Devil ($18.00/.14 oz)
Unleash your inner moxie with a fabulously full, pillowy pout. The luscious marvelous Moxie lipgloss delivers vibrant sheer-to-medium color with a glistening mirror-like finish. Infused with natural ingredients, exotic oils, botanical extracts and antioxidants, the refreshing formula smoothes and hydrates lips for exceptional comfort without any stickiness or tackiness.

Sample size: 0.07 oz
Sample value: $9.00

Benefit - They're Real!  Beyond Mascara ($23.00/8.5 g)
They're Real! Beyond Mascara lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts & separates. The jet black, long-wearing formula won’t smudge or dry out. A specially designed brush reveals lashes you never knew you had!

Sample size: 3.0 g
Sample value: $8.12

Total bag value: $44.39

I've gotten to try out a few of the items from my bag since I received it and most of them are fantastic!  I've been wearing the bareMineral lipgloss and the Benefit mascara almost daily since I got them.  I've tried out the Nailtini polish and the Matt Batali eyeshadow from theBalm as well and enjoy them.  I haven't tried the Starlet Cosmetics eyeliner yet, but I'm a little worried about the staying powder from the fact that when I swatched it on my hand it never set.  Perhaps it would be great smoked out with a little shadow for a smudgy look.

I'm definitely very pleased overall with the contents of the November Glam Bag and have high hopes that the coming months will continue to impress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons