Friday, March 8, 2013

Crispy Roasted Edamame

Edamame is a vegetable that is still a little foreign to me.  I've had it while out to dinner once or twice and I have a girl friend who frequently serves it as a snack at parties.  It's always been delicious but until recently I had yet to make it myself.

I saw this recipe popping up on Pinterest and was curious to give it a try.  I found the fact that it used shelled edamame convenient since eating edamame from the shell can get a little messy.  I spotted a bag of frozen shelled edamame while shopping at Trader Joe's recently and decided to pick some up for this recipe.

What a wonderful decision that was!  These edamame are quick to throw together and they pack a ton of flavor.  They're a healthier option when you're craving chips or popcorn.  If you're a fan of edamame, you should definitely give this roasted shelled version a try.  I imagine they'd take to a number of different flavorings as well, so you could have fun and experiment with different seasonings if you'd like.

Crispy Roasted Edamame
adapted slightly from All Recipes

1 (12 oz) bag of frozen shelled edamame (I found mine at Trader Joe's)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove of garlic, finely minced
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt & pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Optional: prepare a sheet pan by lining it with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy clean up.  Place the frozen edamame in a colander and run under cold water to thaw.  Drain.

In a bowl, mix the thawed edamame, oil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper until evenly combined.  Spread the edamame mixture onto the bottom of the prepared sheet pan.  Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is crispy and golden, about 15 minutes.

Let cool on the pan for a minute, then serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons