Monday, April 29, 2013

April 2013 GLOSSYBOX USA

"Work That Beauty" was the theme of the April GLOSSYBOX USA.  "This April, GLOSSYBOX has a thirst for beauty wellness and we are quenching it with feel-good products!  After a long winter, it's time to be good to your body, whether it's an invigorating wash or an indulgent soak.  Feel the sun's warmth and bring on beachy waves and sun-kissed cheeks.  Bare some skin and go the no makeup-makeup route.  Work your natural beauty and be your best you with GLOSSYBOX this month."

My April 2013 GLOSSYBOX included:

Alterna Haircare - Bamboo Style Boho Waves Tousled Texture Mist ($22.00/4.2 oz)
A weightless texturizing mist that instantly gives natural, "just-back-from-the-beach" waves.  Simply spray on damp or dry hair from roots to ends and shape with fingers for loose, tousled style.

Sample size: 0.85 oz
Sample value: $4.45

I tend to prefer my hair to be soft, shiny, and curled under.  I haven't went for "just-back-from-the-beach" waves in years.  I think the look is really cute and playful on others, but it's not my typical style. I may give this product a try one day soon when I don't have anything special planned just in case my hair ends up looking like a hot mess.  I'll report back if I end up loving this product and become a beachy waves convert.

Bvlgari - Eau Parfumée au thé Blanc Tea Bag for Bath ($9.50/0.5 oz)
Eau Parfumée au thé Blanc is a generous and elegant expression of personal indulgence.  Relaxing and calming.  Eau Parfumée au thé Blanc reflects the precious nature of white tea, offering an intimate and luxurious expression of sensory pleasure.

Sample size: 0.5 oz
Sample value: $9.50

I'm apprehensive to open the foil packet on this product to smell it.  I've never been a fan of any of the Bvlgari scent I've smelled in the past (which have been several), so I doubt I'd like this one either.  Nothing against the brand--they seem lovely and quality--it's just that all their scents are a little too strong and "old" for my personal taste.  I think I'll keep this neatly packaged and send it along to my mom with some other products as part of a little Mother's Day care package.

The Honest Company - Honest Organic Lip Balm ($10.95/3 pack .15 oz)
Honest Lip Balms are made from organic jojoba and oils from olives, sunflowers and coconuts.  Tahitian Tamanu oil, rich with Omega 6 & 9, helps restore vitality and boost moisture.  Perfect for maintaining happy, heathly lips.

Sample size: 0.15 oz
Sample value: $3.65

I'm really impressed with the simple, natural ingredient list on this unscented balm.  It glides on the lips and feels moisturizing without being greasy.  I also appreciate that the price on these is quite reasonable, so I wouldn't hesitate to pick these up if I enjoy the balm with continued use.

TIGI Cosmetics - Glow Blush ($22.00/.07 oz)
A soft, baked powder formula that effortlessly provides a glow-from-within effect and looks beautiful on all skin tones.

Sample size: 0.07 oz
Sample value: $22.00

Honestly, I'm not thrilled about this blush.  The color isn't particularly special and the texture and pigmentation isn't anything to write home about either.  I would pass over this in the store and wouldn't give it a second thought, especially considering it retails for $22.00.

Wash with Joe - Coffemint Invigorating Body Wash ($28.00/16 oz)
This body wash contains an invigorating blend of coffee and mint that helps revitalize and balance the body and the mind while keeping skin superbly clean.

Sample size: 1.0 oz
Sample value: $1.75

The coffee and mint combination of this body wash had me very curious.  Upon smelling it, I was a bit underwhelmed that the scent didn't pop more.  Perhaps it will really shine once I give this a try in the shower.  Overall, not an especially thrilling product to try (and I certainly wouldn't considering spending $28.00 on the full size product as I think that's a little ridiculous for body wash), but I'll give it a whirl.  I love the idea of a coffee scented body wash as little wake-me-up in the morning, so hopefully I'll love this.

Le Métier de Beauté - Replenishing Daily Solution ($225.00/1.7 oz)
This rich, emollient formula protects, conditions and hydrates while it nourishes, rejuvenates and detoxifies skin, restoring a healthy suppleness to your skin.  Paraben-free.

Sample size: 0.1 oz
Sample value: $19.23

I received this same product in my January "Man Repeller" GLOSSYBOX.  After completely using up that sample and thinking nothing of the product, I'm not too thrilled to see it pop up in another box again so soon.  (This is the second time I've received repeat products in close succession from GLOSSYBOX.)  I found this moisturizer a little heavy and, at the same time, not very moisturizing.  I'll pass this along to my mother as well and perhaps it'll work better with her skin type.

Total box value: $60.58

A closer look at the TIGI Glow Blush in the shade Lovely.

All in all, not too excited about my box this month.  The variety of products and value where there, but I just personally don't care for the individual products themselves.  The lip balm I'll thoroughly enjoy, and I'll probably like the bath wash as well, but those products hardly add up to $6.00 in value.  The rest of the box was full of items I'll likely pass on to others who may or may not like them.  I'm pretty bummed to have spent $21.00 on this month's box.  After completing tons of surveys and having a few friends try GLOSSYBOX using my referral, I've finally acquired enough "GLOSSYDOTS" to get my next box free.  After that I'm honestly considering canceling my subscription.  I just haven't felt lately that I've consistently gotten enough value from my boxes to merit the monthly cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons