Thursday, December 12, 2013

December 2013 Glam Bag

The December 2013 Ipsy Glam Bag was all about Celebration, "There's always a reason to celebrate!  Whether it's buying your first car or welcoming your 2nd grandchild, there's always a reason to get gorgeous and feel glamorous!"

This month I received:

Andrea - Strip Lashes in #33 ($3.99/set)
Be your most beautiful everyday.  Andrea lashes are the perfect compliment to your natural beauty.  Strip Lashes are lightweight, easy to apply, and comfortable to wear.

Sample size: 1 set
Sample value: $3.99

I don't wear false lashes a ton, mainly because I have naturally fairly long and full lashes and I don't have too many glamorous occasions that call for more than a generous coat of mascara.  That said, these look like a very pretty, full, and flirty pair that I would really like.  I may rock these a red lip for an upcoming holiday party (long lashes and bold lips are my favorite holiday look).

POP Beauty - Bright Up Your Life Eye Shadow Trio in Naturally Bare ($24.00/10 shadows)
This palette of hues adds definition and intensity to lids, creating a broad range of looks that compliment all eye colours.  From brightening bare to sultry smoke, these hues blend smoothly onto the lid, adding a veil of silky luster that will outlive the day or night!

Sample size: 0.15 oz
Sample value: approximately $7.20

{Swatch of the POP Beauty Eye Shadow Trio in Naturally Bare}

These shadows are smooth and fairly pigmented.  The colors are really pretty neutral shades, great for everyday.  This would be a really great, compact palette for traveling.  The colors applied evenly and, worn with primer, lasted all day.

Nicka K New York - Nail Color in Classic Taupe ($4.99/0.5 oz)
The Nicka K New York is specially designed to glide across fingernails with minimal effort for vibrancy that is dazzling and long lasting.  Formula is free of DBP, Toublene, and formaldehyde.

Sample size: 0.5 oz
Sample value $4.99

{Swatch of the Nicka K New York Nail Color in Classic Taupe}

While I own (and love) a ton of taupe polishes, I was pleasantly surprised to see that, in sunlight, this one leans a little more on the warm/beige, rather than gray, spectrum.  It's certainly a pretty shade, though not entirely unique.

Be a Bombshell - The One Stick in Girl Crush ($16.00/0.26 oz)
An all-in-one multiple stick with a smooth texture.  Apply to eyelids, cheeks or lips for the perfect pop of color anywhere!

Sample size: 0.26 oz
Sample value: $16.00

{Swatch of the Be a Bombshell The One Stick in Girl Crush}

The One Stick in Girl Crush has quite a bit of golden shimmer (the color reminds me of a lighter, pinker NARS Orgasm), which initially completely turned me off.  I normally shy away from such noticeable glitter in my cheek products and usually prefer creme formulas on my lips as well.  However, out of curiosity, I popped this on my cheeks and was pleasantly pleased with the pretty, subtle flush it gave me (to be fair, I haven't looked at it in daylight yet--that may be a deal breaker).  The formula feels very creamy and is incredibly easy to blend.  I'm still a bit hesitant about this product, due to the shimmer, but I'm curious to experiment with it a bit more.

NYX - Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Miracle ($4.00/0.14 oz)
A classic lipstick for all occasions that has a mineral-based emollient formula, beautiful velvet texture, saturated color, and resists wear and smudging.

Sample size: 0.14 oz
Sample value: $4.00

{Swatch of the NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Miracle}

My collection really didn't need yet another red lipstick, but I'm a big fan of NYX Cosmetics and this was my first time trying out one of their Creamy Round Lipsticks.  I honestly haven't gotten a chance to try this out on my lips yet, but it swatches beautifully (creamy, even, with a pretty shine).  I like that it doesn't appear overly saturated in color, which I often like in a red lipstick as I find them easier to wear day-to-day if they have a little sheerness to them.

Total bag value: approximately $36.18

Overall, I thought my December Ipsy Glam Bag offered a nice selection of classic products that would be great for holiday party looks.  For someone who has a fairly modest makeup collection, this month could have been a real winner, offering some great staples like quality neutral eye shadows, lashes, taupe polish and red lipstick.  However, if you're like me and have a wealth of makeup, this month didn't provide anything extremely fresh or innovative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons