Monday, December 16, 2013

December 2013 Birchbox

December's Sparkle and Shine Birchbox came with an extra festive flare this month, perfect for the holiday season.  "The holidays are finally here!  ...It's time to celebrate, whether that means corralling your family for a midnight screening of It's a Wonderful Life or dusting off your flounciest frock and taking a spot underneath the mistletoe."  The packaging and the product selection/value of my December Birchbox really had me feeling the festive theme!

My December 2013 Birchbox included the following products:

Camille Beckman - Body Butter in Morelia Monarch Scent ($15.00/5.25 oz)
A handcrafted formula that softens skin with shea butter, sweet almond oil, and glycerin.

Sample size: 0.25 oz
Sample value: $0.71

The Morelia Monarch scent is described as featuring "green tea and amber over a base of vanilla orchid."  I would describe it as fresh and warm, floral with a hint of sweetness.  The butter feels rich, but not unpleasantly greasy and very moisturizing.

Mally Beauty - Lip Magnifier in Soft Nude ($20.00/0.10 oz)
This creamy lip crayon delivers high shine and rich pigment as it plumps and softens.

Sample size: 0.10 oz
Sample value: $20.00

{Swatch of the Mally Lip Magnifier in Soft Nude}

While I'm not a big fan of nude lip products on myself (I have fairly pigmented lips and I always feel like they look a little strange on me), this one has a hint of peachy pinkness that makes it a little more wearable.  It applies beautifully and feels great on the lips.  I prefer to wear a bit of creamy pink gloss (the NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu) on top to add a bit more color and shine so it's more flattering, but overall I'm enjoying the formula of this Mally Lip Magnifier and would be curious to try out the product in other shades.

Nelson j Beverly Hills - Argan Oil 7 Moisture Healing Mask in Pomegranate ($20.00/4 oz)
100% argan oil-derived deep treatment made to nourish dry, color-treated, or damaged hair.

Sample size: (2) 0.5 oz packets
Sample value: $5.00

I love using deep conditioning products to keep my hair healthy and extra shiny and soft.  I appreciate that these packets are generously filled for a decent application.  I haven't tried these out yet, but I look forward to!

Skin&Co Roma - Truffle Therapy Serum Boosting Anti-Aging Serum ($75.00/30 ml)
Antioxidant-rich truffle extract helps smooth wrinkles and replenish parched skin.

Sample size: 10ml
Sample value: $25.00

First of all, I'm thrilled to have received such a generous deluxe sample of this product, especially considering the price.  I've received quite a few high-end anti-aging serums and the like in past subscriptions and they are almost always tiny--only enough for one or two uses--and not enough product to even properly test out the benefits of the product.  This serum has a light texture and is fast absorbing, which I really love.  I'm looking forward to working it into my routine to see how my skin reacts.

Greenleaf Candle Co. - Starlight Votive Candle ($17.00/9.5 oz)
Cozy flame that emits a citrus-infused scent with a hint of white musk.  Sweet dreams.

Sample size: 2 oz
Sample value: $3.58

This Greenleaf Candle Co. votive was my "Lifestyle Extra" this month.  This is definitely the kind of thing I love seeing included as a thoughtful extra in my box.  The scent is lovely.  I'm not sure if I'll keep this candle for myself or pass it on to a friend though.  As much as I find the fragrance nice as a casual sniff, I tend to get a headache anytime I wear or burn any musk scent.

Total box value: $54.29

I'm thrilled with items I received in my Birchbox this month!  I thought the selection was great, the products themselves felt high-end, and the samples sizes were generous.  This was a knock out box for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons