Thursday, February 20, 2014

February 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag

The February Ipsy Glam Bag aimed to create a collection of "beauty goodies so good that you'll fall in love at first sight!"  Inside the hot pink and white makeup bag, I received a wide assort of beauty products and color cosmetics.

I was immediately excited about the selection of products I received as well as the shades.

My February Glam Bag included the following products:

City Color - Be Matte Blush in Fresh Melon ($2.99/8.9 g)
Available in 8 shades, this silky-smooth, highly pigmented matte blush compliments and blends evenly with your skin's natural glow.  Extremely buildable to create a subtle or dramatic look.

Sample size: 8.9 g
Sample value: $2.99

{Swatch of the City Color Be Matte Blush in Fresh Melon}

I've never seen or heard of City Color Cosmetics before receiving this blush.  From what I can tell from their website, the company just launched in 2013, so they're brand new!  I love that this blush is matte and the bright melon shade is gorgeous on my fair skin.  This blush feels incredibly smooth and swatches and blends beautifully.  I'm surprised by how high-end the formula seems considering the incredibly low price point!  I think this will become a spring staple for me.

POP Beauty - Plump Pout Mini in Peony Petal ($16.00/0.3 oz)
This plumping pout perfecter combines the high-shine of a lacquered gloss with the long wear of a stain and is packed with lip-plumping peptides and avocado and jojoba oils.  Lightweight, creamy texture immediately merges with lips & delivers intense glossy color for an extremely long-lasting finish!

Sample size: 0.14 oz
Sample value: $7.47

{Swatch of the POP Beauty Plump Pout in Peony Petal}

This product is a home run for me!  As you may be able to tell from the smudges on the wand, I've already worn this several times and I'm in LOVE.  First of all, the shade is stunning.  It feels really nourishing and comfortable on the lips yet does leave a gorgeous stain and wears for a fairly long time despite it's glossy texture.  I will definitely be purchasing this full-size once I run out of the mini and I'm curious to try some of the other shades (there are four total in the range).

Tini Beauty - Eyetini Eye Cordial Cream Shadow + Base in Ambrosa ($18.00/0.14 oz)
Say goodbye to creasing and fading with Eyetini Eye Cordial Shadow Tint & Base.  Eye Cordial's revoluntionary formula glides on beguiling creamy color and sets to a transfer-resistant finish that doubles as a wear-extending base under powder shadow.

Sample size: 0.14 oz
Sample value: $18.00

{Swatch of the Tini Beauty Eyetini Eye Cordial Cream Shadow + Base in Ambrosia}

Ambrosia is described by Tini Beauty as a "glistening plummy mauve" but I'd definitely say it leans more plummy taupe.  Either way, I think the color is quite lovely and wearable.  The product is nicely pigmented and easy to blend, leaving a wash of shimmering color on the eyes.  I've only worn this product once for about 4 hours, so I can't speak to how well it wears for a full day; however, I have extremely oily eyelids and, while most products begin creasing without a primer within a couple of hours, this Eye Cordial looked perfect after around 4 hours.  I love cream shadows for an all-over-the-lid quick wash of color when I'm in a hurry and this shade is perfect for that application.  It provides depth without being too dark and provides a nice dimension thanks to it's shimmer.

Zoya - Nail Polish in Odette ($9.00/0.5 oz)
This season's Zoya Nail Polish are full of pure pigment, intense color and modern complexity that are a perfect transition into Spring.

Sample size: 0.5 oz
Sampel value: $9.00

{Swatch of the Zoya Nail Polish in Odette}

Odette, a "sultry orchid maroon cream," is a gorgeous shade that I think will be lovely for Spring but would also be appropriate year-round.  Zoya polishes have a great formula and Odette is completely opaque in two coats.  I can't wait to wear this gorgeous shade.

Überliss - RituOil ($19.90/2 oz)
Quench your hair's thirst with the Überliss RituOil!  Engineered with a light blend of Orchid & Argan Oil, RituOil will preserve precious moisture within the hair fiber by sealing the cuticle & will safeguard it from thermal damage.  The end result will be amazingly soft, shiny, and frizz-free hair.

Sample size: 0.34 oz
Sample value: $3.38

I don't believe I've ever seen any products that utilized Orchid oil.  I'm curious to see how this compares to normal Argan Oil.  I haven't tested this out yet (I'm using up the last of a couple oils I already have open), so I can't give any first impression or reviews just yet.

Total bag value: $40.84

This is definitely one of my favorite Glam Bags as of late.  I'm really loving all the products I've tried thus far and, for me, the shades I received this month are a hit!  I have to say, Ipsy definitely delivered on the promise of "beauty goodies so good you'll fall in love at first sight."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons