Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Girl and Her Pearls: A Love Story

When the hubby and I started to make plans for our wedding, I knew right away that I wanted to design the bridal jewelry. And I knew that I had to work in pearls. Rich. Luxurious. Pearls.

Until then I had kept all my designs in the casual realm. I had never worked in sterling or gold-fill and I had not yet explored the beauty of freshwater pearls. I soon fell in love with their luster and their organic shape (none of those perfectly round faux pearls for this girl, thanks). I received my first pearl order and there began the love story.

I adore teeny tiny potato pearls, elegant rice pearls, and the blossom-shaped keishi. I really haven't met a pearl I did not love. I can't resist a lovely cluster of pearls or a simple pearl accent on a delicate chain. They are always timeless and stunning.

This necklace was one of my first fine designs. The vintage celluloid rose is a rare stunner, hanging by a cute gold vermeil leaf on a 14k gold-fill chain, accented by freshwater pearls of course. Delicate yet substantial. Classic yet unexpected. Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons