Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mayfest Revisted

I cannot believe it's been over a week since my last post! I got distracted with this and that, and towards the end of the week my mother came into town for a visit and to attend a graduation party my mother-in-law and husband threw me. My mom got to see my apartment for the first time, which meant I went on a crazy two-day cleaning spree before her arrival. On Saturday, my mom, hubby, and I went yard sale shopping and found some great things (more on that in a later post). All in all, it was a great week.

I had mentioned before in my first post on Mayfest that I was hoping to share a few photos of my booth taken by a friend. He has uploaded his photos from the event to his flickr account and kindly granted me permission to share them with you here.

Remember that you can click on the photos if you'd like to enlarge them. Also, kindly ignore all the silly expressions on my face. I was running on about 6 hours of sleep for three days, wasn't wearing any makeup and hadn't done a thing to my hair. Did I also mention it was hot out?

This was how my booth looked for about 2 hours straight on Sunday. It was one sale right after another and the booth was packed. It was fantastic. And exhausting.

In the left of this picture you can see what my packaging looked like. I purchased white Chinese take out style boxes and designed a That Winsome Girl logo for the fronts and decorated them with coordinating tissue paper and ribbon bows on the handles (which you can't see in the photo, unfortunately). They were a big hit.

This was my section of rings, brooches, hair pins, and base metal earrings. The adjustable rings are always so popular, I made sure to put them at the very front of my display to catch everyone's attention. It worked! I have decided that I like keeping my least expensive items in the front of my booth so I don't sticker shock someone who wonders into my booth. While I do have single items that are over $100, I also have tons of great pieces that are well under $10.

My necklace busts ended up extremely empty both days. To recover my stock after Saturday I spent my night hurrying to make as many new necklaces as I could. I decided to make multiples of anything I could, so my busts on Sunday featured lots of necklace pairs, as you can see here.

And here I am, looking rather exhausted wearing the blouse I posted about previously as well as the earrings I designed for myself a year and a half ago when the hubby and I got hitched.

So there you have it, folks. Mayfest revisted, with much better photographic evidence, thanks to Mr. Keith Reed.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you look gorgeous in your blouse!! What a great buy! It's so good that you sold so many necklaces on the first day and had to make more!
    Do you have any other events coming up soon?
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons