Saturday, December 15, 2012

December 2012 Birchbox

While I have to say I wasn't wowed my by December Birchbox, at least I'll probably use all the samples I received this month.  Having been subscribed to GLOSSYBOX for a few months now and having recently resubscribed to Ipsy (formerly MyGlam), I've been less and less impressed with my monthly Birchboxes by comparison.  I do still enjoy receiving my box each month, I just feel like you get a lot more product for your investment with the other services.

That said, my December Birchbox included the following samples:

Juicy Couture - Juicy Couture perfume ($90/3.4 oz)
Juicy's signature fragrance is a blend of sweet and floral notes.  Sophisticated and feminine, it's perfect for day or night.

Sample size: 0.05 oz
Sample value: $1.32

Mox Botanicals - Pomegranate & Fig Lip Butter ($16/0.2 oz)
This eco-chic balm (in an exclusive flavor!) revives lips with avocado oil and shea butter.

Sample size: 0.1 oz
Sample value: $8

Number 4 - Clarifying Shampoo ($32/250 ml)
Get over your lather addiction.  Gentle enough for everyday use, this unique cleanser features a low-suds formula that removes build-up without stripping hair of essential oils.

Sample size: 52 ml
Sample value: $6.66

theBalm Cosmetics - Hot Mama ($20/7.08 g)
How cute is this peachy blush?  The universally flattering pigment is laced with faint golden shimmer to add warmth to your complexion.

Sample size: 1 g
Sample value: $2.82

Beauty Extra - Tweezerman Filemate ($5/1 file)
There is no greater tragedy than a broken nail.  Keep this cute patterned file in your purse to fix mani mishaps.

Sample size: 1 file
Sample value: $5

Total box value: $23.80

Certainly not a fantastic month, but I like the assortment of samples I received this month better than those from the last several months.  I've found Birchbox pretty lackluster as a whole recently.  For the first year+ of my subscription, it seemed like every other box was pretty fantastic with a so-so box or a complete dud in between.  Now I feel like I'm lucky to get a so-so box.

Since receiving my December box, I've tried out the Juicy Couture perfume (it's okay, but I definitely prefer the lighter scent of the Viva la Juicy and La Fleur versions), the Mox Botanicals Lip Butter (it's a little thin and greasy feeling), and the Balm blush (reminds me a little of Nars' Orgasm, only more bronze - pretty but not the best shade for my fair pinky skin tone).  I've yet to try the Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo, so we'll see how that goes.  The Tweezerman file is a nice extra.  I appreciate that the extra is actually beauty related this month and this will be a nice little addition to my purse.

Overall, not a bad month but not fantastic either.  Come on, Birchbox, when are you going to wow me again?

2 comments:

  1. My Birchbox kept getting worse and worse until I unsubscribed. I was getting mostly foil packets, and perfume samples. It was so disappointing because the boxes used to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, I know! For the first year I was subscribed, it seemed like every other box I received was AMAZING. Now I haven't had a truly great box for almost a year. I think when they started branching out and purchasing subscription services in other countries, they sort of lost focus on the US Birchbox and thing have gone downhill since.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons