Wednesday, December 12, 2012

November 2012 GLOSSYBOX USA

The November GLOSSYBOX USA was full of products to "make you a standout among the crowd of little black dresses... and keep you looking fabulous from day to night."  Afterall, 'tis the season to be glossy, you should look your best!

My November GLOSSYBOX included the following samples:

1) Illamasqua - Lip & Eye Medium Pencil in Severe ($20/.05 oz)
Designed to glide over your skin and create a long-lasting highly pigmented finish, this creamy pencil lets you write a different story with every look.

Sample size: 0.035 oz
Sample value: $14

2) Incoco - Nail Polish Applique in Sinderella ($8/.08 oz)
A nail applique strip made of 100% real nail polish including base, color, and top coat for brilliant, long-lasting results.

Sample size: 0.08 oz
Sample value: $8.00

3) Kryolan for GLOSSYBOX - Blusher in Glossy Rosewood ($9/2.5 g)
The micronized pigments in this semi-transparent cream powder allow for a vivid yet light application.  Perfect for the cheeks and can be used on the eyelids too.

Sample size: 2.5 g
Sample value: $9

4) NuMe Style - Arganics by NuMe Argan Oil ($59/4 oz)
A perfect compliment to any hair and skin care regiment, this Argan Oil is rich in Vitamin E and other beneficial fatty acids.

Sample size: 10 ml
Sample value: $4.99

5) Skin & Co Roma - Truffle Serum: Hydro-Toning Day Face Serum ($36/1.01 oz)
Give your face a boost and slow down the signs of aging using this Italian serum infused with Peptides, pure extracts of Tuber Melanosporum and Hyaluronic Acid.

Sample size: 0.50 oz
Sample value: $17.82

Total box value: $53.81

I had a few issues with my GLOSSYBOX this month.  First, when my box arrived, it was missing the NuMe Argan Oil.  After contacting GLOSSYBOX, they happily sent a replacement for the missing product.  My other major complaint was that I received the exact same blusher that I had gotten in my October box.  Personally, I don't believe that any subscription service should send repeat products to customers, ESPECIALLY two months in a row!  When I contacted GLOSSYBOX about the missing Argan Oil, I complained about the repeat blush and requested another sample be sent; however, they claimed they couldn't/wouldn't send a replacement.  In my opinion, they really should have done something to fix this mistake.

Other than those issues (the first I've really experienced since signing up with the company), I was pretty pleased with my box.  I've never tried nail polish appliques, so I'm curious to try these from Incoco.  I received some from them in a past Birchbox, but they were a hideous pattern and I gave them to a friend.  The ones I received in my GLOSSYBOX are a very lovely red with a subtle shimmer.  They'll be perfect for the holidays.  When I first looked at the Illamasqua pencil I received, I thought it was a brown eyeliner, which was disappointing as I have a TON of neutral eyeliners.  Fortunately, after swatching it on my hand, I saw that it was actually a gorgeous deep berry lip pencil!  This will definitely come in handy with some of the dark berry lipsticks I have been enjoying this fall.


I've tried most of the products from my October GLOSSYBOX.  For me the stand out products have been the ModelCo lipstick/gloss and the Natassja Skin Enzyme Facial Peel, both of which I adore.  I've been enjoying the blusher and the loofa soap as well.  I honestly haven't tried the shine mist yet.  I have quiet a few of these on hand now from years of subscription services and I have to be VERY careful with them as they all tend to make my hair look like oily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share Buttons